Wednesday 28 August 2013

Koru Art

For the past few weeks, in room 3, with Mrs Perry, we have been doing Koru art. We used many materials such as: paper, glue, pencil, vivid, pen, scissors and pastels. We got inspiration from my sister Laina and Raewyn Harris.  I wanted to do something a bit similar to my sisters. I did a round shape with leaves on the outside with four korus in the inside. I did the leaves green, the korus purple and the rest of it is just blue getting lighter and lighter. The koru represents New Zealand and it's Maori culture. The koru is the meaning of a new beginning. I think I did really well with my art and I am very proud of it. I also got to learn about the korus meaning all through out the sessions. It was really fun and I would love to do it again. :)

7 comments: