Tuesday 27 August 2013

Cross country training

"Keep going, keep going," were the only words I could think of as I jogged up the hill. I saw Cate up ahead. I sprinted  to catch her up.  I yelled "passing" as I passed her. She tried to catch me up but I sprinted as fast as I could. I finished the lap then started on my next one. When I was halfway through my lap I looked at the dots on my hand then realized that I was on my last lap. YES! I suddenly started sprinting so fast that I thought my legs were going to drop off. Finally  I went round the last corner and ran down the steps. I got my last dot then slowed down and stopped. I heard a teacher shout, "start walking around the court until everyone else has finished." As I started walking around the courts I heard everyone else puffing and panting behind me.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome writing Emily.
    Hope you do well in cross country.
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really good at cross country Emily .Olivia m

    ReplyDelete